Sunday, March 6, 2011

LeadSpy: The Autobiography of an LSA Agent

        Chapter 1: The Story Behind the LSA
     
        LSA Adventures is a partially true story based on the pretend spy agency I run with my cousins, Jack and Diana. The only part that isn't true about the story is being a spy agency established by the UNSA (I made that up, too). Everything else is true.
        I have been planning to write this story for over a year, but I have never gotten around to it until now. It's not my longest story, but it is one of my favorites. I plan on writing a longer sequel, and maybe a third book.
        I am also typing this story on Microsoft Works Task Launcher. It will have less chapters, because I am putting four or five chapters on this blog into each chapter in my document.
        I have been the LeadSpy (leader) of the LSA for the past two years. I keep a folder of all the spy adventures we have, spying techniques, spy words, and notes, which helps me to write my stories.
        We had all kinds of crazy ideas for the LSA, but some of the ideas we couldn't use, since my cousins live so far away. Sometimes, E-Mail just isn't the best way to express your ideas. One of the ideas we did get to use was Spy Training. It was a series of tests to see how high you could jump, how low you could crawl, how long you could spy without getting caught, and how many notes you could take in one minute.
        Every time I went to my cousins' house, we had a meeting at one of our meats (secret meeting places). When a spy was late to a meeting, they would have to knock on the door and state their name and password, and we would let them in if they got it right.
        Our spy agency might have been just for fun, but we (Jack, Diana, the Junior Agents, and I) took it VERY seriously.

Chapter 2: The Secret Club
       
        One time in 2008, I was at my cousins' house, and we were all playing in the basement, bored. I walked over to the toy box, and I found a pair of binoculars. I looked through them, and the idea came to me. We should play spies!
        I told my cousins about my idea, and they liked it. We played for hours, from 9:30 until lunch at 12:30. We were all sad when lunch time came around, and we decided we would play more when we were finished.
        What started out as a simple game became more of our secret business. We played spies in the basement everyday, taking turns going upstairs, talking on the walkie talkies. We made lists and letters about nonexistent criminals and spy gear. We would write notes for hours on end. Every time we had the chance, we ran to the basement to work at our spy agency.
        One day, after lunch, we decided upon a name for our secret club - the LSA, or Little Spy Agency. We had thought about many other options, such as ASK (Awesome Spy Kids) and SSS (Small Super Spies), but we all thought LSA sounded the best.
        During my week at their house, we searched for spy gear. We found walkie talkies, magnifying glasses, binoculars, and a folder. I filled the folder with notes about the LSA and our adventures. Our club was very special to us, and I didn't want to forget about it.


Chapter 3 Coming Soon 

No comments: