Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My ideas: Idea #5 up!

Idea #1
___________________________________________________________________
Last night I thought of something. I got out of bed and hung two hangers on the side of my bunk bed ladder. I asked Olivia what she wanted to wear today, and I put it on the hanger. I did the same thing with Alex.

This morning, they just got out of bed and put on the clothes on their hangers! Usually they make messes trying to find clothes, but if I keep doing this everyday there will never be a clothing mess again!
I also put up a hanger for me this morning. I just hung up my clothes for tomorrow.

Who knew a hanger could prevent a mess?
___________________________________________________________________

Idea #2
___________________________________________________________________
Sometimes I like to keep things simple, like using that idea with the hanger.

This is almost just as simple: Predicting the weather. Without using electricity.

This means no checking the weather on the computer, checking it on the Weather channel, the weather website. . . . . . . . . . . . You don't need anything. You pretty much just need clouds and a cricket.

Temperature: Count the number of cricket chirps in 15 seconds. Add 40 to that and you have the temperature.
Weather: Look at the clouds.
Cirrus-Thin and wispy, these are the highest clouds in the sky. These usually appear when it's going to be a nice day.
Cumulus-Very puffy, usually white. If one is covering the sun, don't look at it! It's blinding white.
Now, Cumulus clouds usually appear when it's going to be a nice day. But watch out, if there are lots in the sky there might be rain later.
Cumulonimbus-A mix of Cumulus(above)and Nimbus(below)clouds. When Cumulus clouds bump into each other, they can get big and tall and grey. These clouds mean thunderstorms are coming.
Nimbus-Usually bluish-grey, these clouds bring rain, but sometimes they just pass right over you and move somewhere else.

That's the simplest way of predicting the weather!

Without using electricity, of course.
_____________________________________________________________
Idea #3
_____________________________________________________________
Make a snowglobe! It's easy.

Take a clear glass jar(like a salsa or jam jar with the label peeled off)and take the lid off. Fill it all the way up with water, and then just put some beads, sequins, and glitter in it. Put
the lid back on. Turn it upside down.


After that, turn it back up so the glitter falls to the bottom again.

___________________________________________________________________

Idea #4
_____________________________________________________________
Make Partchoeezy! Here's the recipe.


Ingredients:
Pepperoni
Cheese
Bread
Tomato paste


Recipe:
1.
Toast your bread.
2. After that, spread on the tomato paste.
3. Put two pieces of cheese on each slice.
4. Cut one piece of pepperoni into three rows, then cut each row in half. You should have six small pieces. Six small pieces(1 whole piece)per slice.
5. Microwave for one minute.
6. Let it cool off for three minutes. After that, it's ready to eat!
___________________________________________________________________
Idea #5
_____________________________________________________________
Make a little neighborhood! It's perfect for kids. You can share it with your brothers, sisters, and friends.

Library:
Use a bookshelf for this.
Instructions:
1. Put your little brother and sister's books on the bookshelf.
2. Make paper or cardboard library cards, have them sign their names.
3. Set a number of days the books can be kept.
4. Set a number of how many books can be checked out.
5. Rules.

After they check out their books, they can't get any more until take them back.

They have to ask you to "check out" the books. Like, pretend to scan their library card and books.
6. Have fun!

TIPS: For my Library. . .
Number of days: 3
How many books?:Up to 10

P.S. Maybe I can post pictures sometime.
I'll have my church up soon.

Church

This works well with little brothers and little sisters.

1. Choose a nice, sunny or shady spot.(outside works well)
2. Find a Bible that has bible stories, except like they would be like in the present, so it's easier for little kids to understand. For example, I use the Little Girls Bible Storybook.
3. Read bible verses(from regular bible), pray, read bible stories(little kids' bible), and send out prayer balloons.(below)

Prayer balloons:
1. Get a helium filled balloon.
2. Write a prayer(like the Lord's Prayer)on a piece of paper.
3. Punch a hole in the top of the piece of paper.
4. Tie it onto the balloon with the balloon ribbon.
5. Before you let go of it, write this at the bottom:

If you find this prayer, please e-mail _______.

If you want to know how far it went, put this below that.

Please e-mail your country. If you live in the United States, e-mail your state.
I would like to know how far this prayer has traveled.

P.S. I'll have my store up soon!
___________________________________________________________________

I really hope I come up with more good ideas. I'm trying to come up with ten or more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have lots of good ideas!! I use the hanger one, myself. I decide the night before what I'll be wearing. Then just get up and put it on. It makes it really easy when you are sleepy and unsure what you want to wear. Keep those ideas coming!
Love, Granny Lily

Anonymous said...

My little sister has trouble
cleaning I'll try that
esther