Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Power out

Sorry I haven't posted lately, the computer had a virus and the power was out one day. I'll tell you about the storm.

I was watching Flight 29 Down on Discovery kids, and suddenly the power was out and it was raining and hailing. 5 minutes later, the wind started blowing everything around outside, it even uprooted a tree. The winds were blowing the rain to the left, and it was really scary. The wind was like 60 miles per hour, maybe even 70! The clouds became mammatus clouds, which are black and scary. They usually look like bubblewrap, some deep hills in them, they look like holes being pushed into the clouds. Usually these occur during a severe thunderstorm or before a tornado. The thunder was very, very loud.
10 minutes later, the wind was gone and so was most of the thunder and lighting, but it was still raining and hailing. My mom called my dad and he said the worst had passed.

75,000 people in our area didn't have power, that's what the news said when we got back home from dinner.


It was the worst thunderstorm we ever had. The next day I read on the weather website that the clouds had rotation in them and might have produced a tornado. While our power was out, we had a tornado watch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really scary storm. It is like camping when the electricity goes out.

Good to hear from you!
Love, Granny Lily

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Esther.
I'd be scared too, but
it sounds kind of fun.
I like your blog. I
want to start one
Esther

Anonymous said...

hi this is Esther again
I started a blog it's fun

Anonymous said...

hi my name is Esther I have a blog
if you want see it click here http://inthetreetops.wordpress.com/