Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Small stories for little kids: The Smalltown park

Today we're going to the Smalltown park. We will probably meet some people from Smalltown there. Let's go! First, we have to go through the Smalltown market, than go through the Smalltown Library. We'll go to the Smalltown Library later and find a good story. Oh, wait! I found a note! The Smalltown people must have left it for us to read. Here, I'll read it to you:

"Dear Smalltown comers, Isabelle and her little kiddie crew,
Welcome to Smalltown! You are welcome to stay at the Smalltown Hotel. I know a good story that I think you will like. It is in the Smalltown Library in the ages two through six section on shelf nine. I hope you like it!
-Little Catling"

Hmm... Sure sounds like an interesting story. We'll read it later. Let's go to the park now. But first I need help with my map. Oh, there's someone right over there! Let's ask him for help.......... He said that we need to turn left to get to the Smalltown market and then we have to turn right to get to the Smalltown Library. Do you know which way left is? The arrows will tell you!

<-Left is this way Right is this way->

There. Now let's go. <-Let's turn left. That will get us to the Smalltown market. Almost there.......... We're here! Now let's turn right->. That will get us to the Smalltown Library......... We're here! I see the park! It's straight ahead! Let's go!......... We're here now! And I see someone..... I know who that is! It's little Catling! Let's Talk to her. Here:

Isabelle: Nice to see you, little Catling! Do you remember us?
Little Catling: Of course I remember you! You are Isabelle! And is that you're little kiddie crew?
Isabelle: Yes.
Little Catling: How are you today? Have you read that story yet?
Isabelle: We're doing good. We haven't read the story yet, but we want to. Will you take us to the Smalltown Library?
Little Catling: Of course! Follow me.

Here we are! Let's find the story. Do you remember what shelf the story is on? I'll help you!:

It rhymes with mine and it comes after eight. Do you know what the number of the shelf is?

That's you're clue. Did it help? Here's the answer:

The answer is nine! It rhymes with mine and comes after eight! If you figured that out, you're doing great! Good job!

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine! Here's shelf nine! Let's read it:

Little Catling
Once there was a little cat who thought it was a duckling. It was raised by a mama duck. The little duckling, or catling, I should say, did everything the mama's little ducklings did. The only thing that was different about the catling was that it meowed. She didn't quack. But she still thought she was a little duckling. She ate corn when the little ducklings ate corn, she really did! Even when the ducklings swam she went along with them! She even followed mama duck everywhere she went. But when the catling saw a mouse, she decided to chase it."What is catling doing, mama?"a little duckling asked."She is a cat, not a duck. I forgot to tell you-I thought you would know because we have beaks, not tails."Mama duck said."Can we keep her mama? Pretty, pretty please?"asked another little duckling."Of course, little duckling. She is my own special catling"
The End

Wasn't that a good story? I hope you liked it! It's time for me to go to the Smalltown Hotel! Bye!
-Isabelle

No comments: