Friday, October 31, 2008

Story 5: The great ballerina-Chapter 4: Halloween

"Diana? Wake up! Do you know what today is?"Jessie was shaking Diana all her might. Diana finally woke up."No. I don't know what today is,"Diana said sleepily."It's Halloween!!!"Jessie said, in a VERY loud voice. She must be very excited about whatever she just said, Diana thought. Even her thoughts sounded sleepy. She felt sleepy everywhere."What did you say? Hallo-what?"Diana asked Jessie, trying to sound very awake."Trying to sound awake makes me sound even sleepier," Diana mumbled to herself."I said Halloween, silly! Are you to sleepy to hear me?!"Jessie said. She sat down on the bed next to Diana."Here,"she said, tossing a piece of candy to Diana."How did you know Kit-Kat was my favorite candy?"Diana asked, having tossed her favorite candy."Lucky guess,"Jessie said. Diana was very surprised. Jessie wasn't exactly sure. It seemed as if she had read Diana's mind. But she knew it wasn't possible. What Jessie did was, well, think, I wonder what Diana's favorite candy is, and she suddenly heard Diana's thoughts. I can't wait to go trick or treating-If we go trick or treating. I haven't had Kit-Kat in a year and it's my favorite candy, Diana thought. To Jessie, this was really weird. She decided to tell Diana."Diana, I think I read you mind,"she said."What?!"Diana asked. She had no idea what Jessie was talking about."What?!"she asked again."I think I read your mind,"Jessie repeated herself."Okay. Is this some sort of Halloween trick?"Diana sighed. She was annoyed with Jessie. She knew it was a trick."No. I DID read your mind. Really! I did!"Jessie said. She was annoyed with Diana- she didn't believe her."Whatever. Let me read YOUR mind, then,"Diana said. She thought, What color is your house? Suddenly, she could hear Jessie's thoughts. She was reading Diana's thoughts, too, so that she could think up the answer to that question. My house is a big red brick house, Jessie thought. Diana stopped."That wasn't a trick, was it? I can read minds and you can, too!"Diana sighed in amazement this time. This was amazing to both Jessie and Diana. They were absolutely amazed.

No comments: