Monday, November 24, 2008

More about Shell

We didn't know when Shell's birthday was, of course, so we decided that he would have the same birthday as me. That means he is about 3 years old. We don't really know what kind he is, but one time I went to a Petco or whatever it's called. It is a pet shop and has lots of pets. They were mostly fish and parakeets, but then I saw some turtles. The turtles looked just like Shell, but three times as big. I read the label. I forgot what the whole thing said, but I remember it said it is some kind of map turtle. So that's all we know about what kind of turtle Shell is. We think he's a boy. We didn't know he could swim because in his old tank he didn't even have an inch of water. There are about four inches in this tank, so now he can really swim. When he gets high enough to a place with an inch of water, he puts his front legs on the big red rock that's in there and stands on his back legs and pops little bubbles from the filter with his nose. It's really cool to watch him do that. My mom posted a picture of Shell on her blog.

P.S. Outside it's snowing like crazy! There was barely any snow before it started snowing this morning, now there is at least an inch!!!

No comments: